Now accepting cash for Self Fulfillment payments
NOTICE: THE CONTENT OF THIS ARTICLE IS OUT OF DATE AS OF 2013
If your customers do not have the ability to use their Credit Card or PayPal accounts to pay for orders, you can now offer them Cash payment alternatives. For Self Fulfillment* orders you can now offer your customers the ability to pay with Cash, Cheque or Direct Deposit. In addition, you can add your own custom payment options (such as a manually processing credit card orders) if you have the capabilities to fulfill them yourself.
You can offer up to 4x different alternative payment options for your customers to pay for their order. You can customise the Terms of Payment as well as the Title and Description for each payment option.
- Direct Deposit
- or Other (it’s up to you)
Your orders will be processed as they always have been: you will receive an email notification to process the order through your PhotoMerchant account and your customer will receive an official invoice from your photography business outlining the details of their order, but they will now also contain the Payment Terms and Payment Options.
You can log in to your account and enable this option under Settings / Store Settings / Cash on Delivery Settings (or read the help desk lesson here)
COD Terms & Conditions
You must agree to the following terms and conditions to activate the “Allow Cash On Delivery Payment Method”
- You (the photographer) are solely responsible for arranging and accepting payment for all orders received using this payment option.
- PhotoMerchant is not responsible for any un-paid orders.
- PhotoMerchant will apply the Transaction Fee (relevant to your subscription plan) to all orders received using this payment option; even orders cancelled by the customer or you (the photographer). Transaction Fee’s will be charged in the same manner as PayPal processed orders.
- The Payment Terms and Payment Options will be displayed to your customers when they click on the COD Buy Now Button.
- The Payment Terms and Payment Options will be included in the Order Notification email sent to your customers.
- Your customers will need to agree to your Payment Terms and Payment Options to place their order (via “Agree and Place Order” button)
* Alternative cash payment options for Direct Fulfillment are coming soon…